Virtual Member Services Representative - Bilingual in Spanish - Onsite
Department: Virtual Branch
Reports To: AVP Virtual Sales & Service
This is an onsite position and not a remote opportunity.
Offers and delivers an exceptional level of member service and serve as an advisor both to internal and external members via phone, email, mail , fax ,instant messaging, and in person ensuring that their needs are exceeded with exceptional service. Actively identifies and cross-sells credit union products and services to ensure organizational and departmental goals are met. Assists members with their financial transactions, member service requests and provide accurate solutions to member’s concerns; provide appropriate follow –up, and assist members in identifying appropriate product and service solutions. Maintains Virtual Branch assigned levels of Call Center phone & service metrics, specifically call hold times, abandonment rate and queue hold times. Maintains a positive and professional workplace environment and work as a team member in completing departmental and organizational goals.
Essential Functions & Responsibilities:
40% Answers & return phone calls and responds to members in an appropriate time frame as outlined by the AVP of Virtual Sales & Service or Virtual Service Manager.
20% Assesses internal and external members needs regarding financial transactions and services, while adhering to internal controls, security and safety procedures.
10% Identifies & Cross-Sells appropriate products and services and generates product and service referrals that are in the member’s best interests.
10% Assists in the training and mentoring of new Virtual Branch staff, as assigned.
5% Provides and maintains member security & confidentiality and identify potential fraud.
5% Assists external & internal members with resolving member service issues in timely & appropriate manner and assist Call Center Management with escalated member service or sales calls as needed.
5% Trains in the troubleshooting and resolution of member issues related to multiple remote channels (mobile app, internet, third party vendors) and services provided by the credit union.
5% Performs other duties as assigned.
1. Maintains effectiveness in varying environments, task, responsibilities and people while still completing assignments in a timely manner.
2. Maintains supportive and harmonious relationships with other CRCU managers and staff.
3. Effectively cross sells credit union products and services.
4. Interacts with members as required in order to perform duties and responsibilities.
5. Maintains a professional work environment and professional appearance.
6. Produces account cards, change forms, and new accounts in a timely fashion with zero errors.
7. Responds to telephone messages and correspondence within one business day.
8. Relates effectively with others and understands how to approach or respond to individuals based on their personal style.
9. Maintains and improves the financial stability of the Virtual Branch.
10. Conducts communications with reporting manager to advise on problems and issues impacting credit union operations.
11. Demonstrates an understanding of, and follow the requirements of all regulation compliance, including but not limited to those of Bank Secrecy Act (BSA), Anti-Money Laundering (AML), Office of Foreign Assets Control (OFAC), Customer Identification Program (CIP) and Member Due Diligence (MDD) as it specifically relates to their job functions. Employee shall be trained annually in BSA/AML compliance
Knowledge and Skills:
One year to three years of similar or related experience.
A high school education or GED.
A significant level of trust and diplomacy, and confidentiality is required, in addition to normal courtesy and tact. Work involves extensive personal contact with others and /or is usually of a personal or sensitive nature. Work involves motivating and influencing others. The ability to manage difficult or emotional member situations.
Good telephone etiquette, verbal, and written communication skills are required.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands or fingers, handle or feel; reach with hands and arms; talk and hear. The employee frequently is required to stand, walk, and sit. Specific vision abilities required of this job include close vision and ability to adjust focus.
Work is performed indoors with some potential for exposure to safety and health hazards related to electronics work. May require periodic travel. There is exposure to potential hazardous conditions such as robbery. Employees are to receive detailed instructions and procedures to follow in order to minimize risk.
In accordance with the American with Disabilities Act, it is possible that requirements may be modified to reasonably accommodate disabled individuals. However, no accommodations will be made which may pose serious health or safety risks to the employee or others or which impose undue hardships on the organization.
Job descriptions are not intended and do not create employment contracts. The organization maintains its status as an at-will employer. Employees can be terminated for any reason not prohibited by law.
This Job Description is not a complete statement of all duties and responsibilities comprising the position.
Job Status: Full Time