Teller Manager - Baytown 146
Department: Retail Delivery
To supervise Teller staff inclusive of MSR's and Lead Tellers. Assists members with their financial transactions, involving paying and receiving cash and other negotiable instruments. Actively sells credit union products and services to ensure predetermined organizational goals are met. Adheres to company policies and procedures and standard practices. Adheres to Federal and State Laws and Regulations. Actively coaches tellers to performance.
Essential Functions & Responsibilities:
35% Receives and processes member financial transactions, including deposits, withdrawals, and loan payments; sells money orders, cashier checks and gift checks and travelers checks to members; transfers amounts from member accounts as directed.
10% Ensures daily cash requirements are satisfactory to meet member demands while monitoring change funds to comply with limits. Manages vault cash.
10% Schedules tellers and monitors service delivery and takes action to resolve problems. Responsible for overall schedule of the teller side of the branch to ensure adequate coverage is available to service our members.
10% Trains, directs and assists with employee performance evaluations within the department; identifies performance problems and takes action to correct. Ensures all reviews are completed on time
10% Assists tellers with questionable member transactions and balancing of cash drawers.
5% Monitors department activities for compliance with established policy and regulations. Takes action to resolve any out of compliance issues. Assures compliance of all internal controls, security and safety procedures.
5% Balances cash drawer and daily transactions. Balances Visa, MasterCard, and Money Order sales to general ledger. Performs a variety of miscellaneous tasks including typing, filing, computer input and answering the telephone.
5% Performs daily operations, including but not limited to, CDMS, ATM, Night Deposit Transactions and FED Cash Shipments.
5% Welcomes members and provides routine information concerning services and directs members to appropriate departments for specific information and services.
5% Performs other related duties as assigned.
1. Maintains a high, efficient and meticulous standard.
2. Ensures tellers provide friendly, professional , personal service to all members.
3. Schedules tellers to meet member demand at a minimum of cost.
4. Balances daily in compliance with Teller Balancing Standards.
5. Maintains and verifies sufficient amounts of currency and coin and maintain cash flow limits.
6. Maintains balancing with no more than one posting error per month.
7. Displays a positive attitude and professional work performance.
8. Makes rational and realistic decisions which are based on logical assumptions and which reflect information and consideration of organization resources.
9. Ensures all audits are completed on time.
10. Demonstrates an understanding of, and follow the requirements of all regulation compliance, including but not limited to those of Bank Secrecy Act (BSA), Anti-Money Laundering (AML), Office of Foreign Assets Control (OFAC), Customer Identification Program (CIP) and Member Due Diligence (MDD) as it specifically relates to their job functions. Employee shall be trained annually in BSA/AML compliance.
Knowledge and Skills:
One year to three years of similar or related experience.
A high school education or GED.
Courtesy, tact, and diplomacy are essential elements of the job. Work involves much personal contact with others inside and/or outside the organization for purposes of giving or obtaining information, building relationships, or soliciting cooperation.
Must have good communication skills for training other tellers. Must be proficient in computer skills and 10 key. Accurate with cash, numbers and names.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands or fingers, handle or feel; reach with hands and arms; talk and hear. The employee frequently is required to stand, walk, and sit. Specific vision abilities required of this job include close vision and ability to adjust focus.
Work is performed indoors with some potential for exposure to safety and health hazards related to electronics work. May require periodic travel. There is exposure to potential hazardous conditions such as robbery. Employees are to receive detailed instructions and procedures to follow in order to minimize risk.
In accordance with the American with Disabilities Act, it is possible that requirements may be modified to reasonably accommodate disabled individuals. However, no accommodations will be made which may pose serious health or safety risks to the employee or others or which impose undue hardships on the organization.
Job descriptions are not intended and do not create employment contracts. The organization maintains its status as an at-will employer. Employees can be terminated for any reason not prohibited by law.
This Job Description is not a complete statement of all duties and responsibilities comprising the position.
Job Status: Full Time