Systems Administrator II
Reports To: Senior Systems Architect
Supervises Direct: 0
Supervises Indirect: 0
Under minimal supervision by the VP of Information Technology, insures the health, security, overall performance, availability and routine activities of: daily operations of WAN hardware and software, Virtual infrastructure management (currently VM Ware), SAN storage, patch management, security management, backups, data movement through the network and WAN licensing.
Analytical and creative abilities used to recognize and recommend solutions, upgrades and efficiencies for departmental efforts to deliver best practices for WAN technical solutions a must. Assess organizations current and future technological needs to provide recommendations for organizational directions. Promotes and enforces standards in technology as well as internal policy. Utilizes discretion, initiative, sound judgment, and professional relationships to complete assignments/projects. Process reengineering with expertise in all life cycle phases through deployment is required. Critical thinking and technical skills are needed to provide the organization with the most viable technical solutions possible to support the business. This position is considered to be the lead technical position within the organization.
Adhere to all policies, procedures, and standard practices of CRCU. Adhere to Federal/State Laws, and Regulations pertaining to IT.
Essential Functions & Responsibilities:
90% Administration of System activities
• Support Continued Systems operations, (including Physical hardware Infrastructure, Windows, Active directory, VM Infrastructure, and SAN) to include preventative maintenance, system health, security checks, backup infrastructure and recovery, and insure integrity of all related devices,.
• Management of infrastructure environment, to include both physical and virtual environment
• Actively monitors network communications (Hardware/software/data)
• Router/switch configure/change as needed.
• Policies created/modified within AD as necessary
• Maintain a core understanding of DNS, WINS, TCP/IP, AD, VM and all other networking fundamentals.
• Server hardware/software support including management and experience with scripting to deploy software is essential to effective systems support.
• Create/maintain/manage documentation, upgrades, operation guidelines an procedures to support a stable and secure environment
• Participate in the system change process. Insure proper testing and implementation procedures are followed for the introduction of new systems, to include proof of concepts and pilot implementations
• Maintains policies, procedures related to windows server management
• Assist in maintenance of department and organizational policies, and management best practices
• Completes projects while on time and in budget.
• Documentation – of processes which may include; detailed description of user needs, program functions and steps required to install, maintain or modify
• Supports & maintains users account information including rights, security, system groups, organizational units, and policies (global, local, domain, system)
• Researches, collects and reports information on the ability and capacity systems.
• Assist in identification of new or emerging technologies which will better the organization
• Recognized as technical leader and resource.
• Effectively collaborate with team members across all levels of the organization infrastructure.
• Insure the maintenance of detailed records for software licensing
• Interacts with outside vendors to resolve hardware and software problems.
• Insure NIST standards are deployed for Server build/health to include documentation, patch management, backups, system updates, etc.
Sr. Security Specialist
• Manage containment of spam/virus activities (to include all systems)
• Remediation of findings through environment scans (currently Trace and Nessus)
• Primary technical point of contact for internal security development
• Log management (currently SAM); Identify and remediate issues; Maintain practice for best performance and system health
• NSX management
5% Provides helpdesk support
• Troubleshoot and resolve related issues efficiently, courteously, with minimal supervision and guidance.
• Maintains, analyzes troubleshoots & repairs computer systems, peripheral
• Provides technical support and guidance to users
5% Performs other duties and completes tasks and projects as directed.
1. Keeps the Sr. Systems Architect and affected operational areas informed in a timely manner regarding any activity that may have an impact to service of the organization.
2. Checks Network infrastructure daily to insure health and security of devices. Be proactive in all approaches.
3. Demonstrates creativity, dependability, sound judgment and efficiency in providing resolutions.
4. Ensures the daily operations, documentation and routine management of WAN is completed proficiently and accurately.
5. Tests and deploys tools to enhance efficiencies of network activity or WAN managements as required.
6. Ensures scheduled tasks are completed as desired.
7. Works with flexible hours including weekends, holidays, as necessary.
8. Maintains a professional work environment and businesslike appearance.
9. Demonstrates an understanding of and follows the requirements of all regulation compliance including but not limited to those Bank Secrecy Act (BSA), Anti-Money Laundering (AML), Office of Foreign Assets Control (OFAC), Customer Identification Program (CIP) and Member Due Diligence (MDD) as it specifically relates to their job functions. Employee shall be trained annually in BSA/AML compliance.
Knowledge and Skills:
Eight to ten years of similar or related experience.
Equivalent to a college degree (BS or BA in a relevant field, Computer science or related IT/IS)
Work involves extensive personal contact with others and is of a personal or sensitive nature. Motivating, influencing, and/or training others is key at this level. Outside contacts become important and fostering sound relationships with other entities (companies and/or individuals) becomes necessary and often requires the ability to influence and/or sell ideas or services to others.
Microsoft and Citrix certifications desirable. Aptitude for troubleshooting a must.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands or fingers, handle or feel; reach with hands and arms; talk and hear. The employee frequently is required to stand, walk, and sit. Specific vision abilities required of this job include close vision and ability to adjust focus.
Work is performed indoors with some potential for exposure to safety and health hazards related to electronics work. May require periodic travel. There is exposure to potential hazardous conditions such as robbery. Employees are to receive detailed instructions and procedures to follow in order to minimize risk.
In accordance with the American with Disabilities Act, it is possible that requirements may be modified to reasonably accommodate disabled individuals. However, no accommodations will be made which may pose serious health or safety risks to the employee or others or which impose undue hardships on the organization.
Job descriptions are not intended and do not create employment contracts. The organization maintains its status as an at-will employer. Employees can be terminated for any reason not prohibited by law.
This Job Description is not a complete statement of all duties and responsibilities comprising the position.
Job Status: Full Time