Systems Administrator II-Baytown
Reports To: IT Manager
Supervises Direct: 0
Supervises Indirect: 0
Under minimal supervision by the VP of Information Technology, insures the health, security, overall performance, availability and routine activities of: daily operations of WAN hardware and software, Virtual infrastructure management (currently VM Ware), SAN storage, patch management, security management, backups, data movement through the network and WAN licensing.
Analytical and creative abilities used to recognize and recommend solutions, upgrades and efficiencies for departmental efforts to deliver best practices for WAN technical solutions a must. Assess organizations current and future technological needs to provide recommendations for organizational directions. Promotes and enforces standards in technology as well as internal policy. Utilizes discretion, initiative, sound judgment, and professional relationships to complete assignments/projects. Process reengineering with expertise in all life cycle phases through deployment is required. Critical thinking and technical skills are needed to provide the organization with the most viable technical solutions possible to support the business. This position is considered to be the lead technical position within the organization.
Adhere to all policies, procedures, and standard practices of CRCU. Adhere to Federal/State Laws, and Regulations pertaining to IT.
Essential Functions & Responsibilities:
35% Citrix PVS Administration responsibilities to include general administration and upkeep of the Citrix PVS environment consisting of the following:
- Maintains and preserves the PVS Gold images
- Maintains and configures Citrix Virtual App environment
- Regular patching and updating of the Citrix PVS machines
- Load balancing of PVS environment
Configures, troubleshoots, and installs all client related devices such as workstations, thin clients, printers, sigpads, etc. without supervision. Researches and develops as needed new processes and policies for software implementation with prior approval form the IT Manager and Sr Systems Engineer. Responsible for all patch management on thin client IOT devices and ensures the continuity of services after deployment. Responsible for firmware updates on all PC's, thin clients, and printers. Implements best practices with thorough understanding of network connectivity and current Windows server environment for Active Directory Group Policy administration.
25% General software administration to ensure proper procedures and processes for applications in the CRCU environment. Establishes self as the Subject Matter Specialist for applications in the environment as needed to assist end users. Applications include, but are not limited to:
- Digital Persona (Biometrics software)
- Quest Password Management
- Lobby Tracker
20% Management of the Help desk including:
• Ensures all Help Desk tickets are meeting established SLA’s
• Ensures all Help Desk tickets are meeting expectations that have been established
• Effectively trains and onboards new Help Desk staff
• Establishes oneself to be the third tier Help Desk support
• Recognizes patterns or associated activity and provides resolution
• Effectively decides when additional department resources are needed to assist in resolving issues
• Uses analytical and creative abilities to search for solutions
• Maintains effective communications within department to ensure resourceful resolution to open tasks
Performs the routine setup of workstations (including all peripheral devices), network accounts, mailbox’s and related tasks accurately. General administration of the Windows Environment to include: password resets of account, unlocking of sessions, etc.. Any security, policy, or intrusive system change must have prior approval from the Sr. Systems Engineer and IT Manager. Must adhere to all policies and procedures regarding Change Management to request approval for proposed changes.
15% Performs Citrix Monitoring and oversight to ensure issues are addressed properly and proper systems optimizations are set up appropriately. This includes the following:
• Designs, configures, and maintains Citrix ADC’s. This includes maintaining cipher suites, certificate installs, load balancing, SSL offloading, Endpoint Analysis
• Usage of Goliath Citrix Monitoring to spot trends and issues
• Working knowledge of the differences between On-Prem, Hybrid, and Cloud infrastructure as it pertains to Citrix.
• Continued systems optimization to ensure top performance
5% Performs other duties and completes tasks and projects as directed.
1. Informs IT Manager and affected operational areas of any data processing service interruptions
2. Effective management of the Help Desk including SLA’s, ensure communication standards are met, tickets are handled efficiently and effectively.
3. Takes ownership of the Citrix environment
4. Sustains general base administration of the Windows Environment
5. Performs scheduled tasks and routine system administration/management in a timely manner as set forth in the pre-determined schedule with minimum supervision
6. Communicates effectively with all SR IT Staff
7. Maintains a professional work environment and team focus on an continual basis
8. Demonstrates an understanding of and follows the requirements of all regulation compliance including but not limited to those Bank Secrecy Act (BSA), Anti-Money Laundering (AML), Office of Foreign Assets Control (OFAC), Customer Identification Program (CIP) and Member Due Diligence (MDD) as it specifically relates to their job functions. Employee shall be trained annually in BSA/AML compliance
Knowledge and Skills:
Five plus years’ experience in the administration of Citrix environment, three plus years’ experience working with Help Desk related activities
(1) A bachelor’s degree, or (2) achievement of formal certifications recognized in the industry as equivalent to a bachelor’s degree (e.g. information technology certifications in lieu of a degree).
Courtesy, tact, and diplomacy are essential elements of the job. Work involves much personal contact with others inside and/or outside the organization for purposes of giving or obtaining information, building relationships, or soliciting cooperation.
Ability to: conceptualize LAN activities, troubleshoot and resolve issues efficiently with minimum guidance. Possesses self-motivation and initiative.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands or fingers, handle or feel; reach with hands and arms; talk and hear. The employee frequently is required to stand, walk, and sit. Specific vision abilities required of this job include close vision and ability to adjust focus.
Work is performed indoors with some potential for exposure to safety and health hazards related to electronics work. May require periodic travel. There is exposure to potential hazardous conditions such as robbery. Employees are to receive detailed instructions and procedures to follow in order to minimize risk.
In accordance with the American with Disabilities Act, it is possible that requirements may be modified to reasonably accommodate disabled individuals. However, no accommodations will be made which may pose serious health or safety risks to the employee or others or which impose undue hardships on the organization.
Job descriptions are not intended and do not create employment contracts. The organization maintains its status as an at-will employer. Employees can be terminated for any reason not prohibited by law.
This Job Description is not a complete statement of all duties and responsibilities comprising the position.
Job Status: Full Time