Sr. Personal Financial Officer
Department: Retail Delivery
Reports To: Branch Manager
Offers and delivers an exceptional level of member service and actively sells the Credit Union's products and services to ensure predetermined organizational and individual goals are met. Works as a team member in completing department goals. Adheres to policies and procedures and Federal and State laws and regulations. Performs as a Senior Leader to assist department manager in completing department goals.
Essential Functions & Responsibilities:
50% Assesses members needs and recommends appropriate deposit, loan, investment, insurance, electronic or other products and services of the Credit Union.
Identifies and acts on products and sales opportunities consistent with established sales standards/objectives.
Opens new accounts, which includes savings, checking, money market, certificate of deposits and IRAs, and all account maintenance
15% Conducts orientation interviews on credit union services and programs with each new credit union member. Follow-up on all sales leads and member referrals.
10% Responds to and resolves all sales and service related issues in a timely manner.
5% Performs bookkeeping duties, which includes, ordering copies of checks, placing stop payments, order member checks, account reconciliation, and notary work. Accurately issues and re-pin ATM and Mastercard Debit Cards.
5% Stays abreast of all credit union products and services.
5% Represents the Credit Union in the community and actively solicits new members. Responsible for staying abreast of other local financial institutions products and services.
5% Performs as a Senior Leader to assure that prompt quality service is delivered to members
5% Performs other related duties as assigned.
1. Provides accurate, courteous, friendly, timely and professional service to all members.
2. Assists members waiting in the lobby in a prompt manner.
3. Expands members relationships by determining members needs for other products and services/cross sell as appropriate to meet credit union goals and individual goals.
4. Prepares loan documents, reports, and new accounts in a timely fashion, with zero errors.
5. Responds to all telephone messages and correspondence.
6. Answers the phone within three rings.
7. Responds to all telephone messages within 24 hours or one day.
8. Processes member transactions with zero errors.
9. Maintains a professional work environment and personal appearance. Sells credit union products and services.
10. Maintains effectiveness in varying environments, tasks, responsibilities and people while still completing assignments in a timely manner.
11. Maintains that management is informed of key operating issues affecting the branch.
12. Demonstrates an understanding of and follow the requirements of all regulation compliance including but not limited to those Bank Secrecy Act (BSA), Anti-Money Laundering (AML), Office of Foreign Assets Control (OFAC), Customer Identification Program (CIP) and Member Due Diligence (MDD) as it specifically relates to their job functions. Employee shall be trained annually in BSA/AML compliance.
Knowledge and Skills:
Three years to five years of similar or related experience.
A high school education or GED.
Courtesy, tact, and diplomacy are essential elements of the job. Work involves much personal contact with others inside and/or outside the organization for purposes of giving or obtaining information, building relationships, or soliciting cooperation.
Working knowledge of Regulations relating to deposit/loan products/credit union products and services. Strong PC (technology), compliance, written and verbal skills.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands or fingers, handle or feel; reach with hands and arms; talk and hear. The employee frequently is required to stand, walk, and sit. Specific vision abilities required of this job include close vision and ability to adjust focus.
Work is performed indoors with some potential for exposure to safety and health hazards related to electronics work. May require periodic travel. There is exposure to potential hazardous conditions such as robbery. Employees are to receive detailed instructions and procedures to follow in order to minimize risk.
In accordance with the American with Disabilities Act, it is possible that requirements may be modified to reasonably accommodate disabled individuals. However, no accommodations will be made which may pose serious health or safety risks to the employee or others or which impose undue hardships on the organization.
Job descriptions are not intended and do not create employment contracts. The organization maintains its status as an at-will employer. Employees can be terminated for any reason not prohibited by law.
This Job Description is not a complete statement of all duties and responsibilities comprising the position.
Job Status: Full Time