Sr Data Analyst
Department: Business Analysis & Strategy
Reports To: VP Data Analytics & Cards
Supervises Direct: 0
Supervises Indirect: 0
Reporting to the VP of Data Analytics & Cards, this position works as a member of the data analytics department. The Senior Data Analyst will be responsible for understanding department reporting needs and transforms those needs into accurate, easy to understand outputs. This position will also thoroughly perform analysis based on organizational business needs and construct recommendations to the VP of Data Analytics and Cards.
Essential Functions & Responsibilities:
25% Develops dashboards, data files, reports, data sets and perform ad hoc reporting tasks by creating complex queries from single and/or multiple data sources.
25% Performs thorough analysis and provides business recommendations. Communicates complex data concepts with non-technical stakeholders. Creates and presents analyses to appropriate stakeholders.
10% Collaborates with departments for scope and process definition. Identifies and defines areas for process improvement.
10% Identify, analyze and interpret patterns and trends within complex datasets.
10% Maintains data integrity and adheres to data ethics and governess throughout all phases of the reporting and analyses life cycles. This includes filtering and cleaning data when necessary.
5% Maintains, redesigns and streamlines existing reports for efficiency and data quality purposes.
5% Manages and maintains users, portal and reporting permissions within ARCU.
5% Assists in testing, upgrading and implementing functionality for the data warehouse and data connectors.
5% Performs other duties as assigned.
1. Creates dashboards and reports from large data sets that are easy to understand and stays within scope definition.
2. Presents analyses, dashboards and reports in a professional manner.
3. Communicates and collaborates effectively within all areas of the organization.
4. Meets deadlines.
5. Demonstrates an understanding of, and follows the requirements of all regulation compliance, including but not limited to those of Bank Secrecy Act (BSA), Anti-Money Laundering (AML), Office of Foreign Assets Control (OFAC), Customer Identification Program (CIP) and Member Due Diligence (MDD) as it specifically relates to their job functions. Employee shall be trained annually in BSA/AML compliance.
Knowledge and Skills:
Three years to five years of similar or related experience.
(1) A bachelor's degree, or (2) achievement of formal certifications recognized in the industry as equivalent to a bachelor's degree (e.g. information technology certifications in lieu of a degree). and/or completion of 10+ years of job related specializations of process improvement, data validation, data visualization and analysis.
Work frequently involves exercising advanced conflict resolution, giving material presentations, and resolving issues impacting multiple departments or divisions. Role also requires the ability to motivate or influence others as a material part of the role, with a significant level of diplomacy and trust. Obtaining cooperation (internally and/or externally) is an important part of the role and a high level of interpersonal skills is critical to the success of this position. Other Skills
Strong analytical and problem-solving skills. Strong written and verbal communication skills. Excellent skills within Microsoft Office products. Familiarity with financial products and services is desirable.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands or fingers, handle or feel; reach with hands and arms; talk and hear. The employee frequently is required to stand, talk, and sit.
Work is performed indoors with some potential for exposure to safety and health hazards related to electronics work. May require periodic travel. There is exposure to potential hazardous conditions such as robbery. Employees are to receive detailed instructions and procedures to follow in order to minimize risk.
In accordance with the American with Disabilities Act, it is possible that requirements may be modified to reasonably accommodate disabled individuals. However, no accommodations will be made which may pose serious health or safety risks to the employee or others or which impose undue hardships on the organization.
Job descriptions are not intended and do not create employment contracts. The organization maintains its status as an at-will employer. Employees can be terminated for any reason not prohibited by law.
This Job Description is not a complete statement of all duties and responsibilities comprising the position.
Job Status: Full Time