Risk Officer I
Department: Risk Management
Reports To: Risk Manager
Supervises Direct: 0
Supervises Indirect: 0
The Risk Officer role will be making a difference by supporting the organization in the analysis and identification of products, member service and internal procedures for reducing risk. This position is responsible for providing support in areas of (but not limited to) Fraud Detection, BSA, Operations, and the management of inherent and residual risk.
Essential Functions & Responsibilities:
70% Operation Duties
Processes all checks received via Mobile Deposit Capture.
Assists with managing deceased accounts.
Performs Episys Regression Testing on Tellers/MSR/EAR
10% Compliance Duties
Processes and files all CTRs.
Assists with OFAC alerts.
Participates in compliance training and continuing education.
15% Risk Management Duties
Performs system checks and ID scan rejects.
Performs File Maintenance audits as assigned.
Assists Sr. Risk Officer with Verafin alerts.
5% Performs other duties as assigned
Completes projects as assigned by the Team Leads.
Works closely with team members on credit union initiatives and projects.
1. Demonstrates a willingness to learn and grow in the areas of compliance and risk management.
2. Possesses the ability to complete Currency Transaction Reports (CTRs).
3. Proficient in Credit Union processes and procedures related to compliance.
4. Possesses strong attention to detail.
5. Maintains confidentiality of member information.
6. Works independently and in teams under limited supervision.
7. Demonstrates an understanding of and follows the requirements of all regulation compliance including, but not limited to Bank Secrecy Act (BSA), Anti-Money Laundering (AML), Office of Foreign Assets Control (OFAC), Customer Identification Program (CIP) and Member Due Diligence (MDD) as it relates to their job functions. Employee shall be trained annually in BSA/AML compliance.
Knowledge and Skills:
One year to three years of similar or related experience.
A high school education or GED.
Work involves contact with persons beyond immediate associates regarding routine matters for the purpose of giving or obtaining information which may require some discussion. Outside contacts take the form of service to the public (members or vendors), requiring ordinary courtesy in providing assistance and information.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands or fingers, handle or feel; reach with hands and arms; talk and hear. The employee frequently is required to stand, walk, and sit. Specific vision abilities required of this job include close vision and ability to adjust focus.
Work is performed indoors with some potential for exposure to safety and health hazards related to electronics work. May require periodic travel. There is exposure to potential hazardous conditions such as robbery. Employees are to receive detailed instructions and procedures to follow in order to minimize risk.
In accordance with the American with Disabilities Act, it is possible that requirements may be modified to reasonably accommodate disabled individuals. However, no accommodations will be made which may pose serious health or safety risks to the employee or others or which impose undue hardships on the organization.
This Job Description is not a complete statement of all duties and responsibilities comprising the position.
Job Status: Full Time