Project Manager I- Baytown
Reports To: Director of Project Management
Leads a team of individuals across the organization working together to accomplish a stated goal. Manages and coordinates the work of the team towards the successful completion of the assigned project; on time and on budget.
Essential Functions & Responsibilities:
E 85% Project Management to include:
- Maintains an organized and systematic approach to project planning, development, execution and wrap-up.
- Uses the systematic approach to develop Project Plans and Schedules, organizes and coordinates resources and coordinates and supervises Project Teams for successful implementation of assigned Projects.
- Organizes and coordinates the work of subject matter experts and vendors for successful completion of Projects.
- Submits written and verbal Status Reports to the Projects Control Committee on assigned Projects.
- Assembles and archives all documentation connected with the completed projects. Coordinates the transition of follow-up issues remaining after Project is closed to appropriate department for final resolution.
- Acts as the SME for smaller project implementation and may also drive/produce procedures/ training for the team
- Staff Resource for Core Data Processing System:
- Acts as the backup SME for Symitar to the Director of PMO
- Coordinates staff implementation and testing of Core System updates and releases Creates Easy Writer reports
- Performs Core System research as requested
- Creates reports both simplistic and intermediate complexity Assists in data validation as requested
N 5% Performs all other duties as assigned
- Successfully completes assigned projects on time and within
- Works diplomatically in leading project teams to work as a cohesive
- Maintains high quality of internal service to the credit union staff and
- Informs Project Control Committee Chairman updated concerning on-going projects.
- Satisfies these expectations with normal management and minimum
- Employee demonstrates an in-depth knowledge of the credit unions Core Operating In addition they must have an understanding of all regulations including but not limited to those of Bank Secrecy Act (BSA), Anti-Money Laundering (AML), Office of Foreign Assets Control (OFAC), Customer Identification Program (CIP) and Member Due Diligence (MDD) as it specifically relates to their job functions. Employee shall be trained annually in BSA/AML compliance.
Knowledge and Skills:
Experience: Five years to eight years of similar or related experience. Experience in one or more of the following areas is a requirement: Operations, Information Technology or Process improvement. Three years of experience managing people is a requirement, five or more years is preferred.
Education: A two-year college degree, or completion of project management training courses in combination with job related specializations of product or service implementation equivalent
Interpersonal Skills: Work involves extensive personal contact with others and is of a personal or sensitive nature. Motivating, influencing, and/or training others is key at this level. Outside contacts become important and fostering sound relationships with other entities (companies and/or individuals) becomes necessary and often requires the ability to influence and/or sell ideas or services to others.
Physical Requirements: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands or fingers, handle or feel; reach with hands and arms; talk and hear. The employee frequently is required to stand, walk, and sit. Specific vision abilities required of this job include close vision and ability to adjust focus.
Work Environment: Work is performed indoors with some potential for exposure to safety and health hazards related to electronics work. May require periodic travel. There is exposure to potential hazardous conditions such as robbery. Employees are to receive detailed instructions and procedures to follow in order to minimize risk.
In accordance with the American with Disabilities Act, it is possible that requirements may be modified to reasonably accommodate disabled individuals. However, no accommodations will be made which may pose serious health or safety risks to the employee or others or which impose undue hardships on the organization.
Job descriptions are not intended and do not create employment contracts. The organization maintains its status as an at-will employer. Employees can be terminated for any reason not prohibited by law.
This Job Description is not a complete statement of all duties and responsibilities comprising the position.
Job Status: Full Time