Department: Mortgage Grade: 7
Reports To: Mortgage Operations Manager Classification: Non-Exempt
Processes members loan applications and submit them to underwriting of Home Equity, Home Improvement, Vacant Land and Construction Loans for CRCU Portfolio loans. Submits loan files to Secondary Market Vendor for underwriting to permit loan to be sold into the Secondary Market without Conditions or buybacks. Upon approval, orders closing documents from Vendor and prepares files for closing. Adheres to all policies, procedures, and Secondary Market deliverable standards. All documents must adhere to present Compliance Regulations and Requirements for CRCU Portfolio or Secondary Market loans.
Essential Functions & Responsibilities:
80% Originates and processes all mortgage loan applications. Pulls credit reports on each applicant for loan officers review for credit approval. Upon approval, continues processing by obtaining appraisals, title reports and surveys of property while working with members to prepare file for underwriting, meeting Secondary Market or Private Investor requirements. Carries a processing pipeline greater than the Loan Officers. With final approval, coordinates closing, funding and shipping with respective Vendors.
15% Answers and responds in a timely manner to member phone calls.
5% Performs other duties as assigned.
- Originates, processes, submits and closes mortgage loans in a timely manner with no errors or buybacks from Investors or Secondary market.
- Cross trains on Originators and Sr. Processors desks
- Maintains a professional work environment and businesslike appearance
- Continues Credit Union On-line mortgage industry education
- Meets and assists members with their mortgage and financial needs.
- Helps Mortgage Operations Manager with business development activities as needed.
- Demonstrates an understanding of, and follows the requirements of all regulation compliance, including but not limited to those of Bank Secrecy Act (BSA), Anti-Money Laundering (AML), Office of Foreign Assets Control (OFAC), Customer Identification Program (CIP) and Member Due Diligence (MDD) as it specifically relates to their job functions. Employee shall be trained annually in BSA/AML compliance.
Knowledge and Skills:
Experience -One year to three years of similar or related experience.
Education - A high school education or GED.
Interpersonal Skills -
Courtesy, tact, and diplomacy are essential elements of the job. Work involves much personal contact with others inside and/or outside the organization for purposes of giving or obtaining information, building relationships, or soliciting cooperation.
Other Skills - Must have good communication skills. Must have intiative, persuasiveness, resilience,adaptability and dependability. Must have above average PC and typing skills.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands or fingers, handle or feel; reach with hands and arms; talk and hear. The employee frequently is required to stand, walk, and sit. Specific vision abilities required of this job include close vision and ability to adjust focus.
Work is performed indoors with some potential for exposure to safety and health hazards related to electronics work. May require periodic travel. There is exposure to potential hazardous conditions such as robbery. Employees are to receive detailed instructions and procedures to follow in order to minimize risk.
In accordance with the American with Disabilities Act, it is possible that requirements may be modified to reasonably accommodate disabled individuals. However, no accommodations will be made which may pose serious health or safety risks to the employee or others or which impose undue hardships on the organization.
Job descriptions are not intended and do not create employment contracts. The organization maintains its status as an at-will employer. Employees can be terminated for any reason not prohibited by law.
Job Status: Full Time