Mortgage Loan Officer -Baytown
Department: Mortgage Grade: 9
Reports To: Senior Mortgage Loan Officer Classification: Non-Exempt
Interviews members and assists with loan applications and structures loans as best suited for the member. Has product knowledge of all mortgage programs. Acting as initial member contact, will assist member’s request or assign to the appropriate party. Facilitates in completing various reporting tasks, ordering supporting documents, and member service. Learns and assists all aspects of the lending and servicing processes with the primary job function of focus being member service. Adheres to all policies, procedures, and standard practices. Adheres to Federal and State Laws and Regulations.
Essential Functions & Responsibilities:
E 60% Takes member loan applications by phone, walk-in, or online. Structures loans and gathers documentation for submission to Processing. Follows up with the Loan Processor to determine status and needs.
E 10% Prepares file for submission to processing, inputs loan into system
E 10% Manages Loan Pipeline
E 10% Assists with various department reporting to include:
- Preparing Closing Instructions and Closing Documents
- Month End Reports
- Sending out daily rates
- Preparing HMDA Reports for the Mortgage Department
- Ordering supplies for the department
- Sending DOT the appropriate counties for recording
E 5% Cross-sells Credit Union services to members
N 5% Performs all other duties as assigned
- Interviews applicants to discuss their mortgage requirements, ascertain their capacity to repay, and assess the degree of risk involved.
- Reviews loan applications, obtains applicants’ credit history, and verifies financial information supplied.
- Advises applicants of options available to them, explains the differences between various types of mortgages, and negotiates terms and conditions of loan.
- Keeps up-to-date with conditions in the local real estate market and with changes in rules and regulations pertaining to both private and government-insured mortgages
- Makes sales calls to potential and existing customelrs to retain current business and to develop new loans.
- Cross-sells Creit Union’s products and services by providing general information and directing prospective members to the New Accounts Salesperson.
- Maintains a professional work environment and businesslike appearance
- Continues education as CRCU requires
- Cross trains on Loan Processor’s and Loan Funder’s desk
- Assists in writing procedures to help maintain the department’s organization
- Lists in a manual job duties, and responsibilities
- Helps Mortgage Operations Manager with business development activities as needed.
- Employee shall demonstrate an understanding of, and follow the requirements of all regulation compliance, including but not limited to those of Bank Secrecy Act (BSA), Anti-Money Laundering (AML), Office of Foreign Assets Control (OFAC), Customer Identification Program (CIP) and Member Due Diligence (MDD) as it specifically relates to their job functions. Employee shall be trained annually in BSA/AML compliance.
- Demonstrates an understanding of, and follows the requirements of all regulation compliance, including but not limited to those of Bank Secrecy Act (BSA), Anti-Money Laundering (AML), Office of Foreign Assets Control (OFAC), Customer Identification Program (CIP) and Member Due Diligence (MDD) as it specifically relates to their job functions. Employee shall be trained annually in BSA/AML compliance.
Knowledge and Skills:
Experience: Three years to five years of similar or related experience.
Education: (1) A two year college degree or (2) Completion of a specialized course of study at a business or trade school or (3) Completion of a specialized and extensive in-house training or apprenticeship program.
Interpersonal Skills: Courtesy, tact, and diplomacy are essential elements of the job. Work involves much personal contact with others inside and/or outside the organization for purposes of giving or obtaining information, building relationships, or soliciting cooperation.
Other Skill: Must have good communication skills. Must have initiative, persuasiveness, resilience, adaptability and dependability.10-key calculator, typewriter, Microsoft Office Products, and keyboard and PC skills
Physical Requirements: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands or fingers, handle or feel; reach with hands and arms; talk and hear. The employee frequently is required to stand, walk, and sit. Specific vision abilities required of this job include close vision and ability to adjust focus.
Work Environment: Work is performed indoors with some potential for exposure to safety and health hazards related to electronics work. May require periodic travel. There is exposure to potential hazardous conditions such as robbery. Employees are to receive detailed instructions and procedures to follow in order to minimize risk. In accordance with the American with Disabilities Act, it is possible that requirements may be modified to reasonably accommodate disabled individuals. However, no accommodations will be made which may pose serious health or safety risks to the employee or others or which impose undue hardships on the organization.
Job descriptions are not intended and do not create employment contracts. The organization maintains its status as an at-will employer. Employees can be terminated for any reason not prohibited by law.
This Job Description is not a complete statement of all duties and responsibilities comprising the position.
Job Status: Full Time