Learning and Development Specialist
Department: Learning and Development
Reports To: Learning and Development Manager
Supervises Direct: 0
Supervises Indirect: 0
Under the direction of the Learning & Development Manager, the Learning Specialist is responsible for conducting a variety of learning events including but not limited to instructor led courses, webinars, workshops, pilot courses, and train-the-trainer sessions. Mastery in facilitation must be demonstrated by engaging the audience through questioning, interactive learning, discussion, providing feedback, and the delivery of detailed instructions.
Essential Functions & Responsibilities:
45% Facilitates training for all areas of the credit union including but not limited to products and services, compliance, regulations, and sales/service programs; Assures content and instructional quality of training programs and training program feedback/evaluation surveys are being delivered and practiced consistently.
15% Evaluates trainee progress during the employee onboarding period and throughout training; Completes assessments of trainees’ progress during and after training, makes appropriate recommendations, and provides feedback to management accordingly for quality control.
15% Assists Learning & Development Manager in creation and/or management of: training calendar, course schedules, and vendor spotlights; department reports; peer training and certification; training program surveys and feedback; curriculum and training materials as needed.
10% Works with peer mentors to evaluate and monitor new employee development as part of the peer mentoring program; Assists managers in continual development of new and existing employees through one-on-one sessions, field coaching, and focused workshops.
10% Assists with administration of the company’s Learning Management System to include creation/archive of users, manages reports, schedules training, maintains and monitors training session records, individual trainee records, employee transcripts and staff e-learning development plans. Assists with administration of Policy and Procedure Management process to include: creation and edits to policies and procedures, monitors reporting and user role permissions.
5% Performs other duties as assigned
1. Possesses strong presentation skills, as well as excellent oral and written communication skills with solid interpersonal abilities.
2. Must be detail oriented and possesses the ability to maintain a high level of performance with self motivation, high energy, and a positive attitude.
3. Must be professional, tactful, and maintains confidentiality relative to organizational strategies, objectives, and practices.
4. Maintains objectivity and composure under stress and able to model behavior for supporting and implementing change.
5. Must be able to structure and provide information and guidance to a varying audience.
6. Demonstrates initiative and drive and the ability to prioritize and multitask.
7. Must be proficient in Microsoft Office software to include: Outlook, Word, Excel, and Power Point.
8. Interacts effectively with all levels of personnel.
9. Demonstrates an understanding of, and follows the requirements of all regulation compliance, including but not limited to those of Bank Secrecy Act (BSA), Anti-Money Laundering (AML), Office of Foreign Assets Control (OFAC), Customer Identification Program (CIP) and Member Due Diligence (MDD) as it specifically relates to their job functions. Employee shall be trained annually in BSA/AML compliance.
Knowledge and Skills:
Three years to five years of similar or related experience.
(1) A two year college degree or (2) Completion of a specialized course of study at a business or trade school or (3) Completion of a specialized and extensive in-house training or apprenticeship program.
A significant level of trust and diplomacy is required, in addition to normal courtesy and tact. Work involves extensive personal contact with others and is usually of a personal or sensitive nature. Work may involve motivating, influencing or training others. Outside contacts become important and fostering sound relationships with other entities (companies and/or individuals) becomes necessary and often requires the ability to influence and/or sell ideas or services to others.
Able to conceptualize technical activities, troubleshoot & resolve issues efficiently and with minimum guidance, demonstrate self-motivation and initiative required.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands or fingers, handle or feel; reach with hands and arms; talk and hear. The employee frequently is required to stand, walk, and sit. Specific vision abilities required of this job include close vision and ability to adjust focus.
Work is performed indoors with some potential for exposure to safety and health hazards related to electronics work. May require periodic travel. There is exposure to potential hazardous conditions such as robbery. Employees are to receive detailed instructions and procedures to follow in order to minimize risk.
In accordance with the American with Disabilities Act, it is possible that requirements may be modified to reasonably accommodate disabled individuals. However, no accommodations will be made which may pose serious health or safety risks to the employee or others or which impose undue hardships on the organization.
Job descriptions are not intended and do not create employment contracts. The organization maintains its status as an at-will employer. Employees can be terminated for any reason not prohibited by law.
This Job Description is not a complete statement of all duties and responsibilities comprising the position.
Job Status: Full Time