Branch Manager III
Department: Retail Delivery
Reports To: VP Retail Delivery
Supervises Direct: Branch Team
Supervises Indirect: 0
Manages a larger, full service operation (typically over $100 Million in combined loan and deposits, considerations include DE novo Branches or those with Professional Services). To assist the credit union in the achievement of its goal to always make a positive difference in each member's financial life. This is accomplished by providing the highest quality of service to internal/external members, identifying their financial needs and recommending products and services that would meet those needs. Responsible for
directing the operations of the branch, to meet organizational, financial, operational, service and growth plans. Actively sell credit union products and services to ensure predetermined organizational goal are met. Has lending authority. Adheres to policies and procedures and Federal and State laws and regulations.
Essential Functions & Responsibilities:
35% Meets the service standards for the credit union, directs, develops, motivates and coaches branch staff. Monitors branch operating results relative to established objectives and insure that appropriate steps are taken to correct unsatisfactory conditions. Services members, opens new accounts, takes loan applications, conducts loan closings. Provides support to staff serving members and resolves problems as necessary
15% Identifies and acts on product and sales opportunities consistent with established sales objectives
15% Directs Sales and Service activities to ensure annual goals are met and that relationships with current and potential members are maximized
15% Represents the branch as appropriate in its relationships with members, sponsors organizations(s) supplier, other financial institutions, and similar groups. Participates in and attends various community, chamber and charitable organization's meetings to enhance the credit union’s image and visibility to perspective members.
5% Works with Learning and Development Manager to plan and develop specific training programs. Follows-up to assure training is applied on the job and procedures are followed
5% Hires, trains, directs and evaluates employees performance within the department; recommend promotions, transfers and salary adjustments; identify performance problems and take appropriate disciplinary actions.
5% Monitors all branch activities to insure they are in compliance with established credit union policies and procedures.
5% Performs other related duties as assigned.
1. Delivers high quality member service by meeting the following service standards: Commits to providing service that enhances member’s financial life, is friendly and will treat everyone with respect, calls members by name, thanks members for their business, assists members in a timely manner, explains the products and services, leads by example, coaches, develops, and mentors your team for professional success and growth.
2. Provides friendly, professional and accurate service and support to all members and co-workers.
3. Maintains and develop a qualified staff sufficient to meet the needs of members.
4. Ensures that staff works with a minimum number of documentation/transaction errors and that tellers functions within the pre-set Balancing Standard Policy.
5. Fosters an environment for employee empowerment to ensure member service expectations are met.
6. Achieves branch goals as determined by the Management Team.
7. Completes performance reviews within the prescribed time frame.
8. Develops and maintains business partner relationships within the community.
9. Develops and fosters business relationships with our internal departments.
10. Follows all security policies and procedures and reports discrepancies or suspicious activity to Vice President of Retail Delivery immediately.
11. Maintains a professional work environment, promote teamwork, build respect among coworkers and presents a businesslike appearance.
12. Demonstrates an understanding of, and follow the requirements of all regulation compliance, including but not limited to those of Bank Secrecy Act (BSA), Anti-Money Laundering (AML), Office of Foreign Assets Control (OFAC), Customer Identification Program (CIP) and Member Due Diligence (MDD) as it specifically relates to their job functions. Employee shall be trained annually in BSA/AML compliance.
Knowledge and Skills:
Five years to eight years of similar or related experience.
Equivalent to a college degree (BS or BA in a relevant field).
A significant level of trust and diplomacy is required, in addition to normal courtesy and tact. Work involves extensive personal contact with others and is usually of a personal or sensitive nature. Work may involve motivating, influencing or training others. Outside contacts become important and fostering sound relationships with other entities (companies and/or individuals) becomes necessary and often requires the ability to influence and/or sell ideas or services to others.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands or fingers, handle or feel; reach with hands and arms; talk and hear. The employee frequently is required to stand, walk, and sit. Specific vision abilities required of this job include close vision and ability to adjust focus.
Work is performed indoors with some potential for exposure to safety and health hazards related to electronics work. May require periodic travel. There is exposure to potential hazardous conditions such as robbery. Employees are to receive detailed instructions and procedures to follow in order to minimize risk.
In accordance with the American with Disabilities Act, it is possible that requirements may be modified to reasonably accommodate disabled individuals. However, no accommodations will be made which may pose serious health or safety risks to the employee or others or which impose undue hardships on the organization.
This Job Description is not a complete statement of all duties and responsibilities comprising this position. Job descriptions are not intended and do not create employment contracts. The organization maintains its status as an at-will employer. Employees can be terminated for any reason not prohibited by law.
This Job Description is not a complete statement of all duties and responsibilities comprising the position.
Job Status: Full Time