Branch Manager I - Baytown 146
Department: Retail Delivery
Reports To: Retail Sales & Operations Manager
Assists the credit union in the achievement of its goal to always make a positive difference in each member's financial life. This is accomplished by providing the highest quality service to internal/external members, identifying their financial needs and recommending products and services that would meet those needs. Responsible for directing all operations of the branch, to meet organizational, financial, operational, service and growth plans. Ensures proper training of branch staff and actively participates in the community to develop new business relationships. In addition, assure that all security and internal controls are practiced daily. Adheres to policies and procedures and Federal and State laws and regulations.
Essential Functions & Responsibilities:
E 35% Meets the service standards for the credit union, direct, develop, motivate and coach branch staff. Monitors branch operating results relative to established objectives and insure that appropriate steps are taken to correct unsatisfactory conditions. Service members, open new accounts, take loan applications, conduct loan closings. Provides support to staff serving members and resolve problems as necessary.
E 15% Identifies and acts on product and sales opportunities consistent with established sales objectives, standards/objectives.
E 15% Directs Sales and Service activities to ensure annual goals are met and that relationships with current and potential members are maximized.
E 15% Represents the branch as appropriate in its relationships with members, sponsor organizations(s) supplier, other financial institutions, and similar groups. Participate in and attend various community, chamber and charitable organization meetings to enhance the credit union’s image and visibility to perspective members
E 5% Works with Learning and Development Manager to plan and develop specific training programs. Follows-up to assure training is applied on the job and procedures are followed.
E 5% Hires, trains, directs and evaluates employees performance within the department; recommend promotions, transfers and salary adjustments; identify performance problems and take appropriate disciplinary actions.
E 5% Monitors all branch activities to ensure they are in compliance with established credit union policies and procedures.
N 5% Performs other related duties as assigned.
1. Delivers high quality member service by meeting the following service standards: Commits to providing service that enhances member’s financial life, is friendly and treats everyone with respect, calls members by name, thanks members for their business, helps members in a timely manner, is knowledgeable about products and services, leads by example, coaches, develops, and mentors the team for professional success and growth, and provides friendly, professional and accurate services and supports to all members and co-workers.
2. Provides friendly, professional and accurate service and support to all members and co-workers.
3. Maintains and develops a qualified staff sufficient to meet the needs of members.
4. Ensures that staff work with a minimum number of documentation/transaction errors and that tellers function within the pre-set balancing standard policy.
5. Fosters an environment for employee empowerment to ensure member service expectations are met.
6. Achieves branch goals as determined by the Management Team.
7. Completes performance reviews within the prescribed time frame.
8. Develops and maintains business partner relationships within the community.
9. Develops and fosters business relationships with our internal departments.
10. Follows all security policies and procedures and report discrepancies or suspicious activity to Retail Sales & Operations Manager immediately.
11. Maintains a professional work environment, promote teamwork, build respect among coworkers and present a businesslike appearance.
12. Demonstrates an understanding of, and follow the requirements of all regulation compliance, including but not limited to those of Bank Secrecy Act (BSA), Anti-Money Laundering (AML), Office of Foreign Assets Control (OFAC), Customer Identification Program (CIP) and Member Due Diligence (MDD) as it specifically relates to their job functions. Employee shall be trained annually in BSA/AML compliance.
Knowledge and Skills:
One year to three years of similar or related experience. Financial Management experience strongly preferred.
(1) A two year college degree or (2) Completion of a specialized course of study at a business or trade school or (3) Completion of a specialized and extensive in-house training or apprenticeship program.
Courtesy, tact, and diplomacy are essential elements of the job. Work involves much personal contact with others inside and/or outside the organization for purposes of giving or obtaining information, building relationships, or soliciting cooperation.
Demonstrates professionalism at all times. Strong supervisory, PC (technology), compliance, leadership, written and verbal communication skills. Functional knowledge of Microsoft Office suite is essential.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands or fingers, handle or feel; reach with hands and arms; talk and hear. The employee frequently is required to stand, walk, and sit. Specific vision abilities required of this job include close vision and ability to adjust focus.
Work is performed indoors with some potential for exposure to safety and health hazards related to electronics work. May require periodic travel. There is exposure to potential hazardous conditions such as robbery. Employees are to receive detailed instructions and procedures to follow in order to minimize risk.
In accordance with the American with Disabilities Act, it is possible that requirements may be modified to reasonably accommodate disabled individuals. However, no accommodations will be made which may pose serious health or safety risks to the employee or others or which impose undue hardships on the organization.
Job descriptions are not intended and do not create employment contracts. The organization maintains its status as an at-will employer. Employees can be terminated for any reason not prohibited by law.
This Job Description is not a complete statement of all duties and responsibilities comprising the position.
Job Status: Full Time