Assistant Branch Manager
Department: Retail Delivery
Reports To: Branch Manager
Supervises Direct: 0
Supervises Indirect: Branch Personnel
Assists the Branch Manager with the overall operation of the credit union branch, which includes management of the monthly operating budget. Assumes responsibility for the branch when the branch manager is absent. Provides quality service to members, potential members and business partners; provides staff with the needed direction with respect to more complex member service issues. Actively promotes CRCU's products and services to ensure predetermined organizational goals are met.
Essential Functions & Responsibilities:
40% Assists the Branch Manager with daily operations of the branch. Assists with staff scheduling, answer routine to complex questions on products and services, policies, procedures, or rules and regulations. Accepts responsibility of the branch operations in the Branch Manager's absence.
15% Provides backup assistance in member services. May function as a teller on an as-needed basis, filling in at peak times or providing coverage during shortages.
15%Assists Branch Manager in coaching routines, sales and service meetings and daily huddles to ensure sales and service objectives are being met and staff is properly trained.
10% Monitors departments’ activities for compliance with established policies and regulations. Takes action to resolve non-compliant issues.
5% Provides input into performance reviews of branch staff
5% Assures that appropriate records are maintained and required reports are prepared affecting the department.
5% Assists Executive Team members with special projects as needed.
5% Performs other related duties as assigned.
1. Serves as a back up and provides support for the Branch Manager.
2. Provides accurate, courteous, friendly, timely and professional service to all members.
3. Insures that all operations for assigned products are in compliance with governing regulations.
4. Coaches and trains staff in products and services; to meet sales and service goals/objectives.
5. Assures highly qualified staff; sufficient to meet daily member demands.
6. Maintains a professional work environment, promote team work, build respect among coworkers and present a businesslike appearance.
7. Makes rational and realistic decisions which are based on logical assumptions and reflect factual information and consideration of organizational resource.
8. Effectively relates with staff by understanding how to approach or respond to individuals based on their personal style.
9. Contributes to help meet branch goals.
10. Provides back up support to any branch position (Teller, MSR, PFO, etc.)
11. Greets all members of the credit union.
12. Promotes teamwork amongst the branch staff and support service teams.
13. Possesses a positive attitude and leads by example; takes initiative.
14. Is able to work a flexible schedule to include evenings and weekends.
15. Demonstrates an understanding of, and follow all regulatory and compliance requirements including but not limited to those of Bank Secrecy Act (BSA), Anti-Money Laundering (AML), Office of Foreign Assets Control (OFAC), Customer Identification Program (CIP), and Member Due Diligence (MDD) as it specifically relates to their job functions.
Knowledge and Skills:
One year to three years of similar or related experience.
(1) A two year college degree or (2) Completion of a specialized course of study at a business or trade school or (3) Completion of a specialized and extensive in-house training or apprenticeship program.
Courtesy, tact, and diplomacy are essential elements of the job. Work involves much personal contact with others inside and/or outside the organization for purposes of giving or obtaining information, building relationships, or soliciting cooperation.
Working knowledge of regulations relating to the Credit Union industry (Reg B. Reg E, Reg CC, Reg D, Reg Z,Truth-in-Savings Act) and credit union products and services. Strong supervisory, PC (technology), compliance, leadership, written and verbal communication skills.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands or fingers, handle or feel; reach with hands and arms; talk and hear. The employee frequently is required to stand, walk, and sit. Specific vision abilities required of this job include close vision and ability to adjust focus.
Work is performed indoors with some potential for exposure to safety and health hazards related to electronics work. May require periodic travel. There is exposure to potential hazardous conditions such as robbery. Employees are to receive detailed instructions and procedures to follow in order to minimize risk.
In accordance with the American with Disabilities Act, it is possible that requirements may be modified to reasonably accommodate disabled individuals. However, no accommodations will be made which may pose serious health or safety risks to the employee or others or which impose undue hardships on the organization.
Job descriptions are not intended and do not create employment contracts. The organization maintains its status as an at-will employer. Employees can be terminated for any reason not prohibited by law.
This Job Description is not a complete statement of all duties and responsibilities comprising the position.
Job Status: Full Time